Things you might be interested to know about me:
Retro loving Mum of 2: (Mr13, Nintendo-brain, game graphics boss/loon, new ice-skater; Miss6, fairies, dogs and musicals are her world. She has hugged Freidrich.)
Former ad chick. Mid-century fetish. Completely gay taste in pop culture. Love design, vintage TV/movies, musicals & vodka. Rude words when occasion calls.
Delighted to be one of five ASD mums Facebooking at our Autism Our Words page, a wonderful community.
I don’t have a PR policy or media kit at this stage. These are things I’m thinking about- we can talk!
You can contact me:
Via email at Twitchy@twitchycorner.com.
I tweet @TwitchyCorner.
Instagram Fiend: @Twitchycorner
Please join me as I share some insights from some very Twitchy perspectives.
Many have asked me (or at least one person has), “Why are you Twitchy, oh Twitchy One?”
Well, it’s a name that fits effectively because there are multiple answers to that question. Some mildy amusing, some really not. Most of the time, wherever I am, whatever I’m doing, there’s a nagging sense that I should be somewhere else, doing something else. And no, I don’t have a tic.
- I am Twitchy because:
- My real name is boring. Sharon! Sorry mum. Not even a middle name back-up option for me?
- Highly visual with a short attention span. Sorry, where were we? (Something over your shoulder just caught my eye.)
- Love good coffee. Twitchiness in anticipation and jitters if I have too much.
- Squeamish. I detest all manner of stuff- bodily fluids, gory films, animal-based food preparation, anything dead, blech, blech, blech. No stomach for it- Big.Girl’s.Blouse.
- Detest large crowds. I can do them but I never last long and can’t wait to flee. Rooms without windows? *shudders*.
- Injustice makes me bristle. I don’t watch TV news. There’s just so much already out there to keep me awake at night. Joint Destroyer.
- Seasonal hayfever. Terrible! Pollens and stuff get right up my nose and into my sensitive eyes. Certain I was a lab bunny in a previous life. PS Bunnies twitch. I love bunnies! (Friends- not food.)
- Super sensitive skin. I feel everything, it is my superpower. I spontaneously break out in rashes. I’m a dedicated sun-evader and swear I can feel myself cooking.
Any skin condition you name it- I have a tendency toward it and a bajillion creams in my bedside drawer. No wrinkled pillows. If you’ve lost a pea under your mattress, just give me a call.
Labels and fallen hairs must come out of my clothing and I will remove any offending articles while I am still talking to you. (Emery boards are stashed EVERYWHERE.)
- BS detector. Will never accept needless snark or bullies. I aim to surround myself with quality people and twitch inwardly when the alarm goes off. *cough!* But I do have SOME social skills, y’know. So I just say it in my head: Your eyes are shifty, you sancti-MON-ious wanker.
- Confession: It’s a nod to my all time favourite TV show Bewitched. I hate housework and love that Samantha Stephens. She was married to a gay man once. I’ve been to her house and still want to be her when I grow up.